property.hk takes individual privacy seriously.
property.hk recognizes and respects one right's to privacy of the Personal Data and pledges to observe and comply with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance with a devotion to protect on-line privacy on Personal Data.
This Statement explains our policies and practices.
We respect your privacy and we promise:
- to implement computer, physical and procedural safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of the Personal Data we collect
- to limit the Personal Data collected to the minimum required to provide a better service
- to permit only properly trained, authorized employees to access Personal Data
- not to disclose your Personal Data to external parties unless you have agreed, we are required by law or we have previously informed you.
1. Information Collection
In order to provide a better service to you, we may collect information in the course of your browsing of our Web Site; or through our Web Site, inquiring, using, subscribing and/or submitting applications for any information, services, products, schemes or registration of memberships operated, supplied and provided by property.hk; or when you attend any functions hosted by property.hk. Personal Data may also be collected on-line from you without your awareness through the use of various technical operations.
As part of our mission to facilitate an open property market in Hong Kong, we collect information and maintain a database about properties in Hong Kong. In the process, we also collect personal information about individual contact persons of the properties.
If specific information is requested but not supplied, we may be unable to provide the requested service.
We only retain Personal Data for as long as it is necessary. However a copy may be archived indefinitely.
2. Use of Information
The purposes for which information may be used by us in and outside Hong Kong include:
- facilitating the provisions of services/products by property.hk including but not limited to the estate agency, property listing, on-line shopping, e-commerce or any other related services/products to you
- sending or e-mailing to you direct marketing and promotional materials of a diverse range of services/products provided/supplied by property.hk and property.hk Affiliates from time to time. You may write to our Data Protection Officer if they do not wish to receive such materials from property.hk
- identifying the winners' or your identity when collecting the winning prizes or free gifts from property.hk
- compiling aggregate statistics about the online users registering with property.hk
- processing applications
- providing services to facilitate property related businesses in Hong Kong, and providing enquirers with contact and property information
- our operations, e.g., incorporation into our database, analysis, research and auditing
- notification of property related seminars, fairs or promotional events
- distribution of property.hk publications and research materials
- observing and complying with legal and regulatory requirements or orders of competent authorities in HKSAR or other jurisdiction
- legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts
- other related purposes.
We may conduct direct marketing via fax, email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication, or send e-newsletters to you. You may choose not to receive promotional materials, by simply telling us, and we will cease to do so, without charge.
We will keep the Personal Data we hold confidential but may provide information to:
- personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations or services
- our affiliates, business partners and counterparts
- the public, including persons enquiring about Hong Kong properties
- persons under a duty of confidentiality to us
- persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws in or outside Hong Kong
- actual or proposed transferees or participants of our services
We cannot control how third parties use information.
4. Cookies [applicable to online user]
Cookies are commonly used to facilitate transmission and to provide more useful features. It is a piece of data stored in your computer. We use these devices to find out more about the use of our Web Sites and user preferences, in order to improve our services. We may share summarized traffic data with advertisers. We note traffic, pages visited and time spent. You are not identified. However if you agree by registering with us, we may link t